Practical Pilgrim Days – An opportunity to hear what others say about the pilgrimage experience, to build up your knowledge of the route and ask all those niggling questions about gear, maps, washing, even socks! These days usually constitute a collection of talks and presentations on both spiritual and practical aspects of the Camino, including packing demonstrations and equipment talk. In addition, there is the opportunity to discuss individual routes specifically as well as information for cyclists.
- Manchester Practical Pilgrim Day: Saturday 8th April 2017 | 10am-2pm | Friends’ Meeting House, 6 Mount Street, Manchester, M2 5NS | Entry £5 | 30 places, first come, first served | Register and pay here
- Edinburgh Practical Pilgrim Day: Saturday 8th April 2017 | 10am-2:30pm | Café Camino, St Mary’s Cathedral, 1 Little King Street, Edinburgh, EH1 3JD | Entry £15 | includes teas/coffees and lunch | 90 places, first come, first served | Register and pay here
- Saturday Office Open Days – In addition to our Open Days held every Thursday, we sometimes open up our office, bookshop and library on Saturdays too. You will be able to purchase guides for walkers and cyclists on various routes of the Way through Western Europe, as well as the all-important Pilgrim Passport. There will be experienced pilgrims on hand to advise, recommend and reassure! Whether you’re planning a walk, or have just returned from the Camino and want to share your experience, open days are a fantastic opportunity to share knowledge and memories with like-minded people. You’re also able to become a member of the CSJ for those wanting to provide and receive continued support!
Next Open Day: Saturday 18th March 2017 – 11am-3:30pm | 27 Blackfriars Road, London, SE1 8NY| Free
- Regular Film Screenings: CSJ Offices, 27 Blackfriars Road, London SE1 8NY The CSJ have set up quarterly film screenings of Lydia Bowman’s film, Walking the Camino: Six Ways to Santiago, which is a documentary that follows six very different pilgrims on their journeys from Saint-Jean-Pied-de-Port in the foothills of the Pyrenees to Santiago. It is an excellent source of inspiration and reflection, and well worth a watch. All screenings at Christ Church adjoining the CSJ Office at 19:30. Discounted rate for members £5. Non members £8 Dates: Monday 6th March * Monday 5th June * Monday 4th September * Monday 4th December
Or if you can’t make it, remember you can buy the DVD from our online shop.
Keep an eye on the News Section of our website for updates.
Guided Walk of St Augustine Way from Ramsgate to Canterbury, Saturday 22nd-Sunday 23rd April
- A group of CSJ members will be walking along a section of the St Augustine Way starting at Ramsgate and ending up in Canterbury, covering about 18 miles in total. All are welcome to join us! We will be able to arrange a limited amount of accommodation at our mid-point in the town of Minster, which will be offered on a first-come-first-served basis. Please email us to enquire. Otherwise, there is a selection of Bed and Breakfasts, guest houses and hotels in the town for you to arrange yourselves. If you’d just like to join us for one of the days, you’d be very welcome. Just get in touch beforehand and we can coordinate.