These General Terms and Conditions of Sale apply to all orders and deliveries between The Confraternity of Saint James, of 27 Blackfriars Road, London SE1 8NY, United Kingdom (hereinafter: The CSJ) and its customers via the online shop at www.csj.org.co.uk
- By ordering any products from us, you confirm that you are over 18 years old. If this is not the case, you must not order any product from this website.
- We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to refuse to accept any order for products received through this website or otherwise.
- All product descriptions and illustrations shown on this website are provided in good faith but are intended as guidance only and actual products may vary accordingly.
- All prices shown on this website are in pounds sterling. Prices shown do not include delivery, packaging or other charges, which will be added to any order you place.
- You also acknowledge that the products are for your own personal use only and that you are not permitted to copy or use the products, for any other purposes including, for example, any business purposes.
- You do not need to register for an Account (with username and password) if you choose not to do so.
- The Confraternity of Saint James offers its customers a comprehensive range of books and guides relating to pilgrimage, also other pilgrim-related products such as DVDs, badges, postcards and clothing. Products are sorted into categories, you can use these categories to navigate to groups of similar products, or, alternatively, click a keyword in the product tag cloud on the right of the shop page to bring up a list of related items. You are then able to click on individual items to bring up a more detailed description, additional information and reviews.
- By selecting a quantity and clicking on the “Add to Basket” button you can select an item for purchase. You remain in the Shop but can click on the “View Basket” button to review or cancel items in the Basket, or to calculate shipping costs, or to proceed to purchase by clicking the "Proceed to Checkout" button.
- You then click on “Proceed to PayPal” in order to complete payment via your PayPal account or by using your credit or debit card. It is not essential for you to have a PayPal account to purchase items from the online shop.
Entering into a contract
- The images of the range in the online shop are intended as an illustration and do not constitute binding offers for sale. By completing the order process by clicking on the "Pay Now" button in PayPal you makes a binding offer to enter into a purchase contract.
- We will then send an automatic email confirming your order, however this order confirmation does not constitute acceptance of the offer. Your offer is accepted by us and becomes binding only when we expressly confirm your order either by invoice submitted with products delivered or a further e-mail.
- Whilst we will do our best to fulfil your order (once it is accepted), we cannot guarantee to do so (for example, where we are out of stock or where your card issuer refuses to authorise your payment).
- All card payments are subject to authorisation by your card issuer. If your payment is not authorised, we will cancel your order and notify you by e-mail that we have done so.
- If we cannot supply you with the products that you have ordered, we will contact you by email to explain your options and ask for your instructions. If items are expected back in stock in the near future you will be given the option to agree to delay delivery until the item is available. Alternatively you will have the option to cancel your order. We will give you a full refund on the credit/debit card or via the PayPal account used for the original purchase where you have already paid for the products.
- If you have made a mistake in your order but not realised until after you have completed your payment, please email us on email@example.com explaining what correction is required. If the goods have not already been despatched we will endeavour to send you the right items and/or process any refunds or extra payments due on the credit/debit card or via the PayPal account used for the original purchase as soon as we are able. If the goods have already been sent then you will need to refer to the section on Cancellation, Returns, Exchanges & Refunds below.
- Products will remain our property until we have received payment in full for those products.
- Delivery will be to the address specified in your order.
- For deliveries in the United Kingdom products will be sent via Royal Mail, either first or second class as selected by the customer. Royal Mail aims to deliver 93% of first class mail the next working day after posting and to deliver 98.5% of second class mail within 3 working days from posting.
- For international deliveries, parcels may be sent by an international mail distributor or by Royal Mail. Most parcels should arrive within 7 – 10 days.
- All risk in the products you order (including risk of loss and/or damage to the products) shall pass to you when they are delivered to the delivery address specified in your order.
- We aim to process orders as quickly as possible, however you should be aware that the Confraternity of Saint James is a charity run by part-time staff and volunteers and the office is not open every day. Orders are usually processed on Tuesdays and Thursdays but consignments will be sent out on other days if staff or volunteers are available to deal with them. If you are concerned or have a particular deadline, please state clearly when ordering and give an email address or UK daytime telephone number. Unfortunately we cannot make any guarantee to deliver to a specified deadline. If the office is shut for any reason (e.g. Christmas Holidays) we will give information about this on the website.
- We shall be under no liability for any delay or failure to deliver products if the delay or failure is wholly or partly caused by circumstances beyond our control.
Cancellation, Returns, Exchanges & Refunds
You have the right to change your mind and cancel your order in accordance with your rights under the Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013:
(a) by written notice before the products are delivered to you; or
(b) by written notice within 14 calendar days of receiving the products.
Written notice can be by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or post to The Confraternity of Saint James, 27 Blackfriars Road, London SE1 8NY, United Kingdom.
- If you cancel your order in accordance with either (a) or (b) above we will refund the product price in full together with the original delivery costs. We will not pay your costs of returning the product to us.
- Before your refund can be processed you must return any products received, taking reasonable care of them and ensuring not to use them. Goods should be returned in their original condition, ideally in the original packaging. Please note that we are entitled to deduct a reasonable amount from a refund as compensation for decrease in value should the product have been subjected to anything other than necessary handling i.e. unpacking and inspection. Any damage noticed on receipt of the item should be notified to us in writing via email or by way of a note sent with the returned item. We strongly recommend that you obtain proof of posting to evidence the return of the product.
- Any refunds given by us will be refunded back onto the credit/debit card or via the PayPal account used for the original purchase. Refunds will be processed within 14 days of us receiving the product back, or receipt of proof of posting if the item does not arrive back at our office within 28 days of posting.
- If you receive a faulty or damaged item or the wrong product please return it to us and we will then issue you a replacement. We will refund your reasonable costs of returning the product to us on the credit/debit card or via the PayPal account used for the original purchase. We may ask for proof of posting receipt to evidence such costs. If the replacement item is out of stock but expected back in stock soon we will offer you the option to agree to delay delivery until the replacement item is available. Alternatively we will provide you with a full refund on the credit/debit card or via the PayPal account used for the original purchase.
- If your order has not been delivered within 28 days of the date of despatch we will send you a replacement.
Queries & Complaints
Any queries about products, orders (please always quote your order number and date) or how the Shop operates should be sent via email to email@example.com. Alternatively, please telephone +44 207 928 9988 on Tuesdays or Thursdays during normal office hours.
Any complaints should be submitted in writing to the Secretary:
- via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or
- by post to The Confraternity of Saint James, 27 Blackfriars Road, London SE1 8NY, United Kingdom.