- Saturday Office Open Days – In addition to our Open Days held every Thursday, we sometimes open up our office, bookshop and library on Saturdays too. You will be able to purchase guides for walkers and cyclists on various routes of the Way through Western Europe, as well as the all-important Pilgrim Passport. There will be experienced pilgrims on hand to advise, recommend and reassure! Whether you’re planning a walk, or have just returned from the Camino and want to share your experience, open days are a fantastic opportunity to share knowledge and memories with like-minded people. You’re also able to become a member of the CSJ for those wanting to provide and receive continued support
Keep an eye on the News Section of our website for updates.
- Regular Film Screenings: CSJ Offices, 27 Blackfriars Road, London SE1 8NY The CSJ have set up quarterly film screenings of Lydia Bowman’s film, Walking the Camino: Six Ways to Santiago, which is a documentary that follows six very different pilgrims on their journeys from Saint-Jean-Pied-de-Port in the foothills of the Pyrenees to Santiago. It is an excellent source of inspiration and reflection, and well worth a watch. All screenings at Christ Church adjoining the CSJ Office at 19:30. Discounted rate for members £5. Non members £8 Next date: Monday 4th December
Ultreia Mancunia Guided Day-Walk to Ladyewell, Saturday 23rd September
- Another guided walk from our northwest group Ultreia Mancunia to the 11th century Catholic shrine of Our Lady Queen of Martyrs in Ladyewell, Preston. Contact email@example.com for further information.
Mini Pilgrimage from Southwark Cathedral to Old Kent Road, Saturday 21st October
- On Saturday 21st October, there will be a mini pilgrimage from Southwark Cathedral, departing at 10:00, to the Old Kent Road, arriving around 1pm. On the way, we will visit sites connected with pilgrimage to Canterbury. We would love you to join us!
For more information and booking details please see – https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/chaucers-footsteps-mini-pilgrimage-from-southwark-cathedral-to-old-kent-road-tickets-36889649936
Returned Pilgrims Day, Saturday 28th October
- This is an opportunity for returned pilgrims to share their experiences at St James Church, Reading. Bring something (such as a postcard or your pilgrim passport) that was significant for you on your pilgrimage and a packed lunch! We will be celebrating and reflecting upon our time on the Camino. Contact the office if you would like to attend.
- Venue: St James Church, Forbury Road, Reading, RG1 3HWTime: 11am-3pm
Price: No charge but donations for St James Church will be welcome.